Tragically yours









Untimely, as it was

I surrendered my body to the soil. 

Sooner or later,

I will be forgotten,

oblivious to the nature herself

The resonance of my laughter on her beautiful mind,

photographs and inked journal, 

a place where iam going to live. 

a place where I can only visit her, 

as a memory. 

Forever,maybe, 

because I am no longer flesh and bones. 

When I was so alive, 

you made me a wreath, 

flower rings and heart strings, 

and blossomed my life with them. 

Now they lie on my pale closed fist, 

as you kept them in my cold palms, 

my priceless parting gift. 

Resting your head on my body, 

clasping my rigid hands, 

you whispered a fond adieu, 

warm tears on my cold skin. 

Do not keep scented flowers on my grave. 

They are just ephemeral pleasures. 

They will wither up too soon, 

like my ill-fate. 

I, now belong to them who will grow beside me, 

wild flowers, grasses, mosses and weeds. 


I am tragically yours. 






Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!! You beautifully described
Death!!
Anonymous said…
Loved every bit of it ✨ Please do a favour and write more ❣️
Anonymous said…
Great👌👌
dipon said…
Beautifully written..
G. Ashok kumar said…
Such a great piece..
No words, just applause🍀
Thank you for the read
Thank you for the read
Thank you for the read

Popular Posts