QUIET HEARTS


Quiet hearts

Are you born with a quiet heart too? 

And all I loved, I loved alone.

~Edgar Allen Poe, Alone. 

Dear...

I love you to the fullest. But there are certain things that i keep to myself. When i look in the mirror, my eyes reflect nothing but remorse of broken promises. Buried with years of anguish, my heart is now a graveyard in which every saddening moment remained undeciphered. They crawl up like the creepers and wallow me once again until I am weak, tired of paddling and finally engulfing me in the abyss of grief. 

I cannot be transparent to you. My misery will collapse you too. I know it will break your heart and amidst this tempest I am sailing in, i cannot bear the burdens of your sobbing heart too. I am ready to endure the gruesome suffocation of drowning myself but not prepared to let you sink with me to the bottom of the ocean. 

Oh love, wish i had the strength to withstand this sullen and twisted phase of our lives. I wish i could tell you how i walk everyday and struggle sleeping every night with silent tears and agonizing screams. I wish i could reveal my shredded stories. I wish I could tell you how much i feel sorry for myself. But it will cause tremendous suffering to you, and eventually, to me.

I can take a burning arrow right into this heart but cannot stand watching you in torment. You are my sun and I don't want to eclipse your glory with my sorrows. 

So, let me cry, alone and don't ask me why. 

Just let me cry. 


Yours, 

Quiet heart

Pic~pinterest.

📌NOTE TO THE READERS

Often times we never share our deepest emotions.  An yearning, trembling tears, remorse.... we prefer not to reveal them sometimes.   That exploding heart silently settles on its own. We choose to be that way and there's a mysterious pain and pleasure in doing so. Sometimes we are afraid that our pain creates ripples and keeps disturbing the other, one after the another. This snippet is dedicated to all such quiet hearts who appears to be quiet but battles there way out of a war and keeps things only to themselves. 

 



Comments

Popular Posts