DREAMERS & DRAGONFLIES
Like the lily, I rest on the deep water's surface. Not knowing the journey's end, I rest in nature's embrace.
~Patricia Robin Woodruff
I sat quietly near a pond, a pond of lily pads. I was simply gazing at the lily pad and the dragon flies hovering around them. I was not being myself lately until I realised how this sweet lily brought back my hidden happiness, which my mind was refusing to bring out and that how my afflictions almost disappeared...
I have seen lily pads through the eyes of the famous artist Claude Monet quite a few times but today, it was something different.
Today I truly was mesmerized how divine the Lily is, a beauty born in the murk, striving and finding its way towards the sun, only to rise and bloom above the surface, embodying hope, drawing the attention of dreamers and dragonflies towards it. I never knew how deeply one can get connected to such wonderful things in life.
How long one will be holding back the emotions when one feel something like this? How one cannot escape into exhilaration when such simplest beings exist? How one cannot put into words the self consuming thoughts amidst this tranquility?
Am I dreaming?
Am I too sensitive?
Am I being a victim of my coalescing emotions?
Have I gone mad, imbibing too much beauty, making me overwhelmed?
So many questions and yet, no right answers.
Somewhere the cicada was singing and I was carried away into the aura of that magical moment. It was nothing extraordinary but the stillness of the pond, dragonflies wandering around, and the nobleness with which the lily stood above water bestowing beauty, enchanting dreamers into its very own arms of etherealness. I envied dragonflies, for they could touch the lily in a delicate way and sense its sweet scent.
I wished to capture this moment forever in my head. While I was writing, i was constantly being reminded...
that...
- this is how perhaps Matsuo Basho felt when he wrote.....
"Ah, tranquility!
Penetrating the very rock,
A cicada’s voice."
- this is how perhaps John keats felt when he wrote...
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."
- this is how perhaps Ricky Fitts felt when he said...
"Sometimes, there’s so much beauty in the world – I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart is just going to cave in."
(Movie~American Beauty)
And perhaps the reason why Claude Monet was obsessed with ponds and lily pads.
NOTE TO READERS~
A dragonfly is a symbol of change, transformation and self-realization. It teaches us to love life, to rejoice and have faith even amidst difficulties.
(A NOTE TO HER~DO ME A FAVOUR JUST BY BEING YOURSELF)






.jpeg)
Comments