Once an October midmorning
“Birds chirping around you is a beautiful realization that life is incredibly good. Let this sound be a gentle break in your routine.”
― Hiral Nagda
It was an October midmorning.
Sun stood still, smiling with sunshine glazing over the leaves. The air was thinly warm. Sky was bluer than ever with clouds floating like cotton candies. The breeze was soothing with a strange mix of october crispiness and an unusual warmth.
Sunday.
I decided to spend the rest of the day to clean my house. Just a regular sunday routine. I dust off the furniture, clean the floor, check for cobwebs and bits of scrapes here and there, sweeping and later moping. All of this takes place with some music in the background. I usually don't do the spotless cleaning to be very honestly speaking, but when iam on the right mood, i find cleaning a free therapy. Cleaning, sometimes, gives me immense pleasure, but it doesn't mean i do cleaning with the very same intensity and enthusiasm everyday! It just happens!
So, there i was cleaning the whole house, spotting the dust, then dusting it off, kneeling and bending forward below the dark wooden furniture to clear out every possible dirt that was lying underneath and then, back to the standing position, slowly motioning my broom and the scrapes towards the backyard door, finally making it to the outdoors. I didn't pay much attention to my playlist which remained in a shuffled mode. Hozier's song "Swan Upon Leda" was playing inside the house. The music was slowly becoming indistinct but audible enough to reach my ears as i took weary steps forward. I was almost near the threshold, still my ears would grasp the music and my lips unknowingly tuned to the lyrics.
Then, something happened.
Something drew my attention.
Far afar, I saw a giant old tree branching out with lush greenery and from there, i heard birds chirping. Plenty of birds, chirping, like they are having a wonderful conversation about their sunday morning , completely oblivious to any human being. The sound was so soothing. I have heard twittering birds before but never experienced anything like this. There must have been some thirty to forty birds that created this symphonic and exhilarating melody i heard from that far.
I was standing on the threshold, my right hand still holding the broom, the scrapes still remaining uncollected on the floor, soft wind cooling my sweat laden forehead, blue sky and mellow clouds, sunshine touching my feet and Hozier's "Swan Upon Leda" playing behind. I was stuck in that moment and i didn't want to come out from there. My mind swiftly went in a trance. I paid attention to my own breathing, the chirping and the music. Iam well aware that i am seldom visited by joy, and so, to a person like me, this moment was pure serendipity. In this ordinary instance I was living that little moment of incandescent happiness. I stood there, motionless, extracting every essence of exuberance, manifesting and channeling them into the right path, enormously engulfed by the gravity of that moment, pondering.....
.....beautiful things sometimes comes out of nowhere, and that divinity and purity somewhere, still exists.
Another reason and a privilege, just to be alive.
(Picture~The little fairy sister by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite. )
(The gateway to the world
Was still outside the reach of him
Would never belong to angels
Had never belonged to men)
~Hozier, Swan Upon Leda



.jpeg)
Comments